Ideas discussed at our Church in Progress get together at Na's place - 10th October July 2013
Who was there? Alan, Adrienne, Angie, Riley, Daniel, Matheus and Emily
· We decided that we world towards getting things done by consensus.
· Have everything CIP transparent. Financial stuff and minutes etc on the website.
· Have to create a safe space so when people want out they can say so. Be even better if they are able to explain why with no shame/fear of judgement etc. Then we can learn from it.
· We want a healthy church – need to be open to changes in leadership – everyone should be able to have a go.
· We talked about progressive dialogue as an alternative to traditional preaching. Everyone was keen to work towards this.
· BIG DREAMS! Ordination and celebration of 20 CIP members by mid 2015.
· Talked about the feelings behind collections/donations etc “give what you can, take what you need”.
· Service 10-11am – Action 24-7!
· Talked some more about when to have regular services
· Church in Progress is an experiment of inclusive worship for South Auckland.
· DVD night to watch Troy Perry’s movie (founder of MCC)
Christmas Celebration Discussion
· Decided on a date for the Christmas gathering – 7th December at the urban marae in Mangere
· Snowball fight!
· Christmas Crackers – inside has a discussion starter.
· Children of God – Enjoy Christmas like a kid again?
· 1-8pm for the venue
· 2pm onwards – celebration
· Afternoon of fun
· Angie said she had lots of dress up costumes at home which might be good for nativity.
· Thought of a theme for Christmas “we are all part of the story”.
· Maybe bring something for a food bank. Mangere Budgeting Service? Em to look into
· We decided to have communion as part of the grace before eating.
|And we had our very first official photo!|